Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ahoy!

I think I have far too many blogs.

Really. I already have one on LJ, one on Tumblr, archives on Wordpress and another on some other platform that I can't even remember right now.

Plus I have Twitter, which is not blogging but sort of like it anyway.

The thing, though, is that I think this blog actually is necessary. It has a purpose, you know, unlike all the rest. Except Tumblr, of course, which is where I get my daily fill of lolcats and other stupid memes.

So then: what's this one for?

I'm on a quest to regain a steady reading habit, which took a really bad hit when I started working. My post-grad studies have not been very helpful either. For at least five years, majority of the books I've read are related to school work, which can tiring no matter how nerdy you are.

So this: I'm done with the thesis (well, technically, but there's some sort of snag -- don't ask) and I now have the time to finally get through my stash of books. I'm sort of inspired by the slew of book blogs started by a bunch of my online friends, and this blog will help me chronicle my jumble of thoughts and feelings, which is necessary because the alternative is me writing on the margins of my books.

I do not promise coherence, or sense, or anything at all.

I just need some place to geek out on my books, and that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment