Friday, October 1, 2010

You Know It's Not Really a Secret Once You Publish a Book About It

So I've been bored.

Like, really bored.

The past week has been spent mostly reading Chuvaness' blog, because (a) it's seriously awesome and (b) I'm bored.

One thing that kept cropping up on her blog -- after the sosyal bags and the religious nuttering -- is this thing about "The Secret".

Supposedly, there's a book called "The Secret" that expounds on the Law of Attraction.  It simply means that if you think of something, or want something hard enough, the universe will conspire for you to get it.

Which is a load of bull, if you ask me.  I can sit here the entire day and visualize Fabio Ide coming over to lick my feet, but that's not really gonna happen is it?

Still, I'm at this point in my life wherein everything is sort of in the toilet, so I might just be desperate enough to try this Secret shit.  (Side note: will it not work if I cuss it out? Uh-oh)

So here's a list of the stuff I want, Universe.  You can be sure I'll devote a few hours of daydreaming to, ahem, visualizing.

  1. To work and study while pursuing a PhD program in the School of Oriental and Asian Studies (SOAS) London.  
  2. A boyfriend with sandy brown hair, at least 5'9", medium built, nice smile, good-looking, intelligent and will get me when I pepper my sentences with things like "flux capacitor", "reverse the polarity" and "I ain't stepping outta shit, all my papers' legit".
  3. A house. With at least three rooms, inside a gated village that has its own pool. And a tiny garden at the back. 
  4. Tons of money.  Like seriously, TONS.
If any of those things come true, I'm treating you to a massive drinking spree, Universe.  I'll drink for the both of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment