Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hopefully Hopeless

So there are a lot of things going on at the moment.

Or maybe not quite, since there's nothing actually, literally "going on" and my life is still as stagnant as the Pasig River.

It's just interesting that there seems to be more than a few opportunities knocking at my door these past few days, and they're not just your run of the mill opportunities.

They're absolutely the "what did I do to deserve this, I'm a terrible person" kind of opportunities.

These are things that rarely ever happen to someone as blatantly horrible as I am.

If my life were a fairy tale, I'd be shoved into the pot of boiling water by the time "happily ever after" comes around.

Which is why I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.  Part of me thinks this is all a joke, so I'm glancing at these blasted opportunities sideways and waiting for the catch to come blindside me.

I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I think it's a little sad that I've become this cynical of good fortune, but experience tells me I'd be better off not counting the bloody chickens before they actually hatch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment